- Buyer(s) must have the new puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian within 72 hours of delivery/pickup in order to validate this contract. Buyer(s) are required to obtain a written analysis from Buyer(s) chosen veterinarian at the time of this vet check to be sent by mail to seller within 10 days, no matter what the findings. Failure to have the puppy vet checked within 72 hours will result in the Buyer(s) accepting the puppy "as is" and this guarantee is null and void. There will be no guarantee whatsoever on the puppy/dog. Should the puppy be determined to be in a life threatening condition, at the time of this vet check, and the cause of the illness is clearly attributed to the Seller, the puppy may, upon a written diagnosis from the licensed veterinarian who performed the examination, be returned for another, first available puppy of equal value, determined by the Seller. Any veterinarian's diagnosis shall be subject to confirmation by a veterinarian chosen by the Seller. Notification of the illness must be made to the Seller within 24 hours of this inspection. If Buyer(s) does not return the puppy alive, within 48 hours of this vet check, there will be no replacement and Buyer(s) accepts puppy "as is".
- The Buyer(s) will complete the vaccination schedule on time in order to protect the puppy's health and for the guarantee to remain valid. It is expected that the Buyer(s) will have their puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian annually for heart worm, fecal exams and all vaccinations required by your veterinarian.
- The Buyer(s) assumes all veterinary charges once purchased from the Seller.
- The Buyer(s) must be aware that until all vaccinations are complete, your puppy is susceptible to certain illnesses and should not be allowed in public places such as parks, stores and even neighborhood yards/streets. While at the vet you should hold your puppy in your lap or in a carrier to avoid exposure to these illnesses.
- This guarantee shall become null and void if the puppy is sold or given to another party.
- A puppy bought with "Limited Registration" will be required by contract to be spayed or neutered when deemed old enough by a licensed veterinarian.
PUPPY HEALTH GUARANTEE
1. This puppy, on the date of delivery, will be current on all appropriate vaccinations and de-wormings. You will be informed of the puppy's vaccination and de-worming schedule and are aware of future vaccinations and de-wormings that will be due. This guarantee does not cover Coccidia or Kennel Cough. Kennel Cough is self-limiting and, like the common cold, must run its course. Full recovery is expected and Kennel Cough, on its own, is not life threatening.
2. This puppy is guaranteed against Parvo Virus and Distemper for 48 hours upon pick up by Buyer(s). Buyer(s) must have ELISA test performed within the 48 hours if claiming either of these viruses.
3. This puppy is guaranteed until 1 year of age against fatal and life threatening congenital disease which adversely affects the health of the animal. This includes but is not limited to, heart, kidney, pancreas, spine and liver problems of a severe life threatening or altering nature. This guarantee does not cover what is considered normal in the Bulldog breeds: entropion/ectropian eyelids, cherry eye, allergies, hard/soft palate issues, trachea issues, stenotic nares, patellar subluxation, hip dysplasia and intervertebral disc abnormalities to name a few. There are certain disorders that may be caused by environmental factors, immunity level, mites, mange, pneumonia, heat stroke, conjuctivitis, fleas, ticks, ear infections, skin allergies and thyroid dysfunction etc that are not covered by this guarantee. Any physical problem which is or could be the result of injury or hernias are not covered under this guarantee.
4. If the Buyer(s) has placed a deposit or paid in full on a puppy prior to pick up and the puppy is found to have a congenital defect confirmed by Seller's licensed veterinarian. The Buyer(s) will be notified and given the option of a discounted price for that particular puppy, a replacement puppy with mutual agreement from both parties within an 18 month period or a full refund of their deposit and purchase money if paid in full.
5. If the puppy dies within this one year time frame, the Buyer(s) must pay to have it autopsied to ascertain cause of death. If the cause is congenital, we will replace the puppy with the first available puppy of equal value determined by the Seller within an 18 month period. There will be no refunds. It is understood that the replacement puppy may not be from the exact same parents of the original puppy.
6. If the puppy is found to have a severe, life threatening, congenital disease within this first year, a replacement puppy will be given as follows:
- Seller must be notified within 48 hours of the diagnosis. Buyer(s) must have reports from two licensed veterinarians. These reports must reach the same diagnosis and conclusion. Seller will replace the said puppy with another of equal value at Seller's discretion within 18 months at the Buyer's expense. Again, it is understood that the replacement puppy may not be from the exact same parents of the original puppy.
- A puppy with the congenital disease must be returned to Seller at Buyer's expense, or if the situation is grave enough, euthanized at Buyer's expense with prior permission from the Seller, in order for Buyer to be qualified for a replacement puppy. The said puppy must be returned in good condition, other than the specified problem.
- No replacement puppy will be given to a Buyer(s) if the puppy has been bred, spayed, neutered, given/sold to a second party or euthanized without the Seller's permission.